So much to do and so little time… It’s what attracts people to return time and again.
Area Things to do
Click on an item below to learn more.
The Beaches of Santa Cruz County offer a variety of activities and an unforgettable experience. Dogs are currently allowed on the following beaches:
- Its Beach, Santa Cruz (before 10am and after 4pm)
- Seacliff State Beach, Aptos
- Rio del Mar State Beach, Aptos
- New Brighton State Beach, Capitola
- Manresa State Beach, Watsonville
- Palm State Beach, Watsonville
- Seabright State Beach, Santa Cruz
- Twin Lakes State Beach, Santa Cruz
Golf Courses of Santa Cruz offer magnificent scenery, lush fairways, and challenging games on top rated courses.
Castle Rock State Park has open rock faces suitable for rock climbing and bouldering.
LOCAL MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
- The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park Trails
- Pipeline Road
- Power Mill Fire Road
- Ridge Fire Road
- Rincon Fire Road
- Wilder Ranch State Park Trails
- DeLaveaga Park Big Basin Redwoods State
We are located only 48 miles north of the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium where you can have a face to face experience with diverse marine life.
In addition, we are located approximately 54 miles from San Francisco placing you within an easy driving distance from some great sightseeing, nature experiences, restaurants, and urban life. For those who want to stay closer to the park, the town of Felton and the Scotts Valley area also offers some great antique stores, boutiques, and excellent restaurants for your dining pleasure.
Many of the state parks do not allow dogs, even on a leash. Be sure to confirm dog rules before heading out on a hike.